B2B PR Account Manager (Trade FMCG)
Seeking an experienced FMCG Trade PR Account Manager to join the award-winning Trade PR Division at Clarion Communications
Great opportunity to join our team of 50 people at award-winning PR and Digital agency, Clarion Communications, based in Southwark, London
Clarion is a WPP-owned London, Edinburgh and Glasgow based agency with three decades of big brand experience. Our BRIGHT APPROACH™ leads us to create strategic, award-winning campaigns that leave a lasting impression.
Clarion work with some of the UK’s most popular brands including Aldi, Unilever, Lansons Champagne, Kerrymaid, graze, Lactalis, Jacobs Douwe Egberts, Cigna Healthcare and Wickes amongst many others.
Likeable. Proud. Clever. Passionate.
Our guiding principles shape our culture, steer the work we do and determine our relationships with media, clients, suppliers and staff.
This particular role will be to work across a portfolio of Clarion’s largest and hugely successful FMCG Trade PR and Foodservice PR accounts
Key clients include:
- Unilever – entire product portfolio
- Jacobs Douwe Egberts
Desired Skills and Experience:
- B2B and / or Trade PR experience is essential
- Knowledge of fmcg trade landscape useful
- Foodservice PR experience useful
- Established contacts with a strong understanding of the B2B / trade media
- Experience planning and executing successful multi-channel campaigns spanning Brand and CSR initiatives (including the ability to create concepts and strategies)
- Excellent track record in generating results and increased SOV for clients
- Energy, creativity, strategic thinking and great organisational skills
- Excellent B2B copywriting skills and attention to detail
- Strong people management, client counsel and motivational skills
- Ability to successfully manager a team and juggle multiple tasks
- A proven track record of understanding business objectives and how to meet these through trade comms campaigns
- Manage, develop, and motivate account teams to achieve client satisfaction
- Maintain high levels of client satisfaction and ensure retention (reporting directly into an Associate Director and Managing Partner)
- Senior day to day point of contact for clients
- Senior day to day point of contact for all account work
- Help contribute to and approve all senior level copy which leaves the agency
- Hybrid working (2 days in the office each week or more if preferred)
- Flexible working hours on Tuesdays/Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Weekly happiness audit
- 4pm finish on Fridays
- Free monthly onsite massage
- £250 yearly ‘Clarion anniversary thank you’
- Local gyms discount
- Mental Health Allies
- Thursday afternoon drinks
- No meeting Fridays
- Rooftop bar and restaurant
- Staff recognition / voucher awards at monthly staff meetings
- Numerous perks being based at Rose Court incl weekly running club, puppy wellbeing workshops, yoga workshops, nail bar and so much more
- Sabbaticals and special leave of 3 weeks+
- Free flu jabs
- Clarion’s Mindfulness Hour
Clarion is based in Southwark on a WPP ‘campus’ location, Rose Court, part a hub of Ad, Digital and PR agencies with river views and an 11th floor rooftop bar!
As well as a competitive salary depending on experience, you will receive many other great benefits working with Clarion. Owned by WPP, our benefits include contributory pension scheme, life assurance, access to Bupa private healthcare, 22+ days holiday (plus a day off for your birthday), seasonal shutdown between Christmas and New Year and a multitude of WPP discounts across hundreds of brands.
In addition, personal development programs include a mentoring scheme for all employees as well as the Clarion Academy training, a newly introduced initiative - reverse mentoring and 360 personal reviews.
We’ve also partnered with Lifework’s, the UK’s leading Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) provider to bring all our staff access to their Lifestyle platform. They not only provide traditional EAP support such as chat support and counselling via the phone 24/7/365, but their website and app also provide a huge amount of educational material on topics such as family, health and money.
All employment decisions must reflect our (WPP’s) Human Rights Policy Statement. We respect the human rights of all employees, including permanent, temporary and contract workers. We select and promote our people on the basis of their qualifications and merit, encouraging diversity. We expect all employees to be treated without discrimination or concern for factors such as race, religion, national origin, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age or disability. We seek to provide safe workplaces. We recognise the rights of our employees to freedom of association and collective bargaining. We will not tolerate harassment or any form of forced, compulsory or child labour.
Clarion Communications is committed to enabling working parents to balance their work and family commitments.
Diversity & Equality Mission Statement
Diversity is a strength.
Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be better companies. This belief is at the heart of who we want to be.
We invest in training, consult with communities and clients and constantly review our creative approach to ensure diversity and equality is a part of our DNA. We also utilise WPP training resources, tackling subjects such as unconscious bias, cultural awareness and gender equality to ensure that every one of our employees is an ally.
However, we know that good intentions are not enough and that there’s always more work to be done. Clarion’s Diversity & Inclusion council meet regularly to ensure that we’re always striving to make meaningful progress.
Our ultimate aim is to work towards achieving a workforce that is truly representative of the diverse makeup and culture of the melting-pot that is the UK.
To do this, we’re doing the following:
• Publishing a yearly transparency report on our approach to diversity and inclusion
• Partnering with BAME-specific recruitment networks to ensure greater reach and visibility when vacancies become available
• Revising recruitment policy to include nameless CVs
• Partnering with graduate schemes to provide mentoring to BAME candidates to encourage their entry into marketing and PR
• Working with external experts to audit and improve our approaches to diversity, equality and inclusion within our office.