Top Tips From A Paralympian
Yesterday the Clarion team welcomed Paralympian, Emma Wiggs MBE, to our home in Rose Court.
Emma, who is the first female athlete to win two Paracanoe medals at a single Games, spoke to the team about how she has fought her way to the top. She also inspired the team (while they tucked into a slice of pizza - or three) with her thoughts on how we can be more inclusive in our behaviours and communication.
There were many great takeaways from the session, so we thought we’d share just a few:
- how to tackle challenge starts with your daily attitude and CHOICE – we’ll never look at brushing our teeth in quite the same way now we’ll be using that time to choose our attitude!
- normalising disability is important – and if someone looks like they need help, it’s always nice to offer it
- time pressure and multitasking bring unconscious bias to the fore
- it’s ok to have a bad day – after all, stars need darkness to shine
- don’t be afraid to ask for help and harness the strengths of others around you
It’s fair to say we’re all feeling very inspired following that. Thanks Emma!